Monday, April 20, 2009

teaching award

Baulos
Douglas Pierre Baulos
Arts & Humanities

Baulos, an instructor of art, received his undergraduate degree in fine arts from UAB in 1990 and his master from the University of New Orleans in 1993. His paintings, videos and books have been exhibited or published nationally and across Europe and Asia. Baulos is the curriculum director at Studio by the Tracks, a non-profit organization that provides free art classes to autistic and special-needs adults and emotionally conflicted children. One former student says of Baulos, “Three years after graduation from UAB, Doug is still a wonderful mentor for me. Without his support, I would not be where I am today. Most important, I know that my experience with Doug is not a unique one. He was a teacher to hundreds before me and continues to inspire other students to be both fine artists and humanitarians.”